Friday, May 15, 2009

The Bean Museum

Tonight we experienced BYU's Monte L. Bean Museum. I can't believe I have been at BYU for almost 12 years now and just now visited this place for the first time. I was astounded by what I saw.

First of all.... What the HECK is this! Apparently Toucan Sam was eaten by a unicorn.


Secondly.... what kind of sick motivation was used for this little display, "Come on guys, I need a little more sadistic revenge in his eyes."

The evening continued with Dennis and I making fools of ourselves as usual...



...and concluded with me finding a replacement baby "Joey"...


...and playing with a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach.

We even got to take a special trip to the basement to hold an 8 ft. long boa constrictor.
Needless to say, the night was a success. Thanks Monte.

5 comments:

  1. hey so one summer i wanted an extra job so i got a cleaning job in the bean museum. Yeah. Think 4 in the morning, dark lights, vacuuming backwards into those hugs animals. just a little bit freaky. also walking into those little cubbies where the voice turns on, a little freaky when you are by yourself. the end. i love that museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally sicked out by your spider and roach pictures....and then a snake??? Maybe we aren't really related...

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh...your hands are no longer welcome to touch me in any sort of way. (well unless you want to play with my hair...i guess i could allow that.) a tarantula?!!! i mean, COME ON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh- we are so not friends anymore. Though I admire your bravery, you're still grossin' me out. It's super cool to see how much fun you guys are having. Hooray for real dates! I'm super jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crap- that was me, Amy, again, not Rachael.

    ReplyDelete