Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Yes, yes, and yes again!

It's official! As of the evening of 12/12/09 Dennis and I are engaged and I could not be happier and more sure that he is the man for me!

So here's the story. After Dennis and I had finished doing Sealings at the temple, I came out to find Dennis waiting for me in the first lobby, which is unusual because I am ALWAYS ready before he is. He was sitting there looking at some of the paintings on the wall and asked me to come sit with him. As I sat down he asked me, "So how did you feel about us while we were in the temple?" To which I hesitantly responded, "uh....good".
We've been dating for 9 months, we know how we feel about one another, so I found the question a little odd.
Then he solemnly proceeds to ask if I have any reservations or concerns about us. At this point I'm starting to freak out a little, but respond with an, "uh......no, why?" He starts to tell me that there has just been so much going on lately, and that I'm the most amazing girl he's ever dated, but....this is going to be really hard for me to say. By now, my eyes are watering and I'm preparing to be crushed. Then he repeats him self and says, this is really hard for me to say, but..... then gets down on one knee and says, "Danielle, will you marry me!"
YES YES YES!!!
I burst into full on tears, "Of course I will!!!"
Now you may think this was very cruel of him to make me think he was breaking up with me, which let's me honest, it kind of was! But the only thing I asked of him for the proposal was that I be surprised. If he had taken me to some nice restaurant, or on a walk in the forest, I would have know. But this TOTALLY threw me off! I had NO idea he even had the ring yet! I loved it. And I love him.

Why I said Yes
*He has done my laundry for me for the last 5 months or so
*After the first snow, I went out to clean off my car only to find that Dennis had already done it on his way to work at 5:30am!
*He makes me laugh everyday
*He not only helps me make sugar cookies, he'll decorate them with me, and help me deliver them
*He makes scary phone calls for me and gets WAY more accomplished on one of those phone calls than I have making those same calls for over a year!
*He can drive REALLY well with one hand, leaving the other hand free to hold mine
*He plays Barbies with his nieces and will dress up like a dragon for their princess birthday party
*He is just plain kind.
*The list really goes on and on. He is the sweetest man I have ever met, and now he is officially all mine! WOohoo!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! I'm one of Dennis' friends from High School and read his blog. He posted about the engagement but re-directed everyone to your blog. I'm just so excited for the two of you. Dennis is like a brother to me and I know he will continue to treat you the way you need to be treated. You guys are just so cute together.

    Oh, and the ring....Beautiful!!

    Oh, and the way he proposed, was a great suprise, but it did sound as if he was going to break up with you. I'm glad he didn't.

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really know you yet Dani, but if Dennis is happy to be marrying you then I am totally psyched for you guys. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! congrats. You guys are MFEO. Holy wowza on the ring too! Bee-autiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats again, and the ring, well it is to die for darling!(said with a british accent)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!!!! Im so excited for you guys! Dennis is rad and so our you so it's perfect! I LOVE your ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sista, congratulations!!! The ring is beautiful, and I am so excited to he has found me a wonderful new sister in law. I look forward to the plans and to the wedding in April. Congrats again!! Love,
    H

    ReplyDelete
  7. YESSSSSSS!! I am so grateful for this entire post! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw this... and it made me cry.

    I could not be happier for you sweetie! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy cow! That ring is beautiful! That is why Dennis is the man!

    ReplyDelete