Friday, August 7, 2009

The 4th of Julio

My 4th of July cake. I need to stop taking the easy cheap way out and use butter cream frosting instead of Better Crocker, and thicker fondant so that it lays smoother on the cake. But by the time I've colored all the fondant and all that, who wants to make butter cream frosting!


And these are the wonderful people I got to spend the 4th with. Dennis' sister in law's family. They rock the house. It really was so much fun watching all the little kids get closer and closer as all the dads showed off their lighter skils. It reminded me of my favorite 4th ever when we lit all of our own fireworks in the street at the Goude's house in Grandview. Those were the days. I just sat there all night feeling like I was living a scene out of the Sandlot. Priceless.

This is Dennis right before he danced in the street for all of us with 6 sparklers between his fingers. Another Wolverine attempt? Probably.

1 comment:

  1. That cute cake caused me to stop and say the pledge! Another fine job Daniela.

    ReplyDelete