Monday, February 8, 2010

The Bouquet

So here’s the gist of how I’m attempting to create a vintage brooch bouquet.

First, Dennis and I had a blast collecting the flowers, well maybe I had a blast and he willingly supported me! We rummaged through hordes of jewelry, searching for any piece that had a usable flower on it. In addition to some lovely brooches, I ended up taking apart necklaces, bracelets and rings to complete the collection.

This spread is only a small part of the compilation, but you get the picture.




Next I attached wire to each flower to create a stem of sorts. This picture shows my first attempt with some pretty thick wire. I later switched them all to a thinner floral wire, which was much easier to work with and created a tighter stem that didn’t allow the flower to move around.


I have almost finished wiring all of the flowers and have started sticking them in a foam ball to begin playing around with different arrangements.



I’ve done so much since I have taken these pictures that I really should repost an update soon, but at least this is a start!












5 comments:

  1. Love it! I can't wait to see it finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bring it to the next presidency meeting! :D that way we can see Pam's dress and your bouquet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! The Johansen sisters just HAD to show me your bouquet...and let me tell you dear, it's to die for! I la la la love it! Can't wait to see the finished product

    xo
    Sabrina Perkins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please, please tell how you finished from this ball state... I am attempting to make one for my daughters wedding, and HELP!!!! Yours is lovely! Thank you so much for sharing!

    stephy0269@hotmail.com


    Stephanie Moore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wedding was amazing! You looked beautiful.
    I love this brooch bouquet and I'm planning on making one for my wedding. I have 2 questions...
    how many brooches did u use?
    where did you buy them from?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete